Alaria / Wakame
Irish Wakame can be used as a delicious way to add seaweed to your diet particularly at meal times. It can be used just a you would a normally a vegetable or in combination with our Kombu Kelp Strips to create a Japanese style Miso soup. It can be marinated in lemon juice to add a kick to salads or roasted in the oven and eaten as a quick snack. See our directions for use below for more details and ideas! Weight: 40g
- Rich in nutrients
- Vitamin A – improves vision (aiding in synthesis of rhodopsin)
- Vitamin B – increase cellular metabolism
- Vitamin K – contributes to bone development & health blood cells
- Lower Blood Pressure and improve blood circulation
- Naturally occluding fucoxanthin has be shown to prevent certain kinds of cancer
- Can be used in the treatment of thyroid issues due to natural Iodine.
- Eating seaweed also helps with reducing depressive symptoms.
100% Seaweed: Alaria / Irish Wakame.
- Can be used as you would cooking a typical vegetable (Simmer in a small saucepan for 30 minutes or include in a vegetable soup)
- Great for making salads: Can be used uncooked by pre-soaking or marinating in lemon juice.
- Quick roast in the oven making the perfect snack alternative to chips or crisps.
- Cook with rice as a flavour enhancer
Combine with our Kombu Kelp Strip Dashi recipe to make a Japanese style Miso Soup.